Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The strange, unfamiliar distance

"Don't give the crowd what they want. If they knew what they wanted, they'd be on stage. Not you."

"When you're at the top, remember what it felt like to be at the bottom.
When you're at the bottom remember what if felt like to be at the top.
Good doesn't last forever.
Neither does bad."
And we wonder why on earth we ever wanted to grow up

"You were a dream. Then a reality. Now a memory."

"The dirt you and I could share forever would grow a tree so high it'd kiss a star, each leaf a promise, each stem a new beginning."

"And if I blink my eyes enough, maybe I will wake up and you will still be there sleeping next to me."
If we focused on all the unhappy parts of life, we'd forget to see the beauty in it.
"Dear Future You,
Hold on.
Please.
Love,
Me.

Dear Current You,
I’m holding on.
But it hurts.
Love,
Me.

Dear Past You,
I held on.
Thank you.
Love,
Me. "
This is an extract from Lillians blog.
Which I liked.
"I had never known stability but I had always known that it was possible.
I had never known safety but I had always wondered what it would feel like.
I had never known love but I had always believed that it was real.
I had never known you but I had always looked forward to the day that I would.
Thank you for giving me the stability I always craved, the safety I always sought, the love I always desired and the person I always needed.
Thank you, thank you, thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment