Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What if?


Hi everybody!

How are we?
I am currently at the library working on the many essays that I have yet to finish.
I am also waiting for a particular someone to get off work so that we can go watch a movie at carousel, later tonight. :)
I have currently completed all the one's I had to do for 'valuable consideration' and only have the one left on 'capacity to contract' before I've finished all we had to do at the moment for elements of contract.
And that's just for elements of contract alone.
We still have my stuff for legal framework, law of personal property, practice and procedures and criminal law.
Yes, anyway enough about the educational aspects of my life.
So what has happened in life since the last time I wrote?
Well, the workload is piling up. Majorly.
A shitload of birthdays and events are coming up and happening this month.
And well apart from that, I can't think of much else.

Ooh, watched 'letters to juliet' last weekend with my beloved sister and Jake.
I was inspired by it.
We decided that besides being really, really predictable, the movie itself was alright.
But yes, the movie did get me thinking.

Life is built on the decisions we make.
The decisions we make decide what type of person we are, the person that will become of us.
We go through each day and the biggest decision we make without even realising it is choosing to get up every single morning to another day.

we pick from a closet of clothes and choose to wear, we choose from a menu what to have for lunch, whether to go to that mates 18th or to stay home and finish that major assignment due the next morning, whether to do this or whether to do that.
Most of us monitor the things we choose to do, how it might affect the people around us and what the eventual outcome may be.
It is the little decisions though, which make the big picture.
Little decisions you make right now, like putting a little extra time studying that sub-topic you didn't get, or putting a little more time into the family will develop the perceptions that people develop of you, where you want to get to in life and the person that you are.

But sometimes, we stop ourselves from doing things we want to do and it's not because we can't do them but it's because we're too scared to try. You have to ask yourself - Do you want to live your life asking... "What If?", "Why Didn't I?" or "It could have been different..." Its the journey you take that's important, not the finish line.

You can always, always, always try new things. Remember, there are two outcomes when doing so- you can win or you can lose. If you win, all the better. If you lose, tell yourself . "I tried, I gave it what I could." I think that's the most important thing in life - because, we don't come back and sometimes we don't get a second try. Sometimes we don't know what we want. If we don't - at least we give it a shot - I guess we'll never know. I guess whether you win or you lose, not knowing would be the biggest loss...

I suppose the main message is you never know if you never try.

Alrighty then, until next time!

3 comments: